FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Sunday, July 31, 2022

Writing in his book, Championing Children: Gold Medal Thinking for Future Readiness, Dilip Mukerjea shares

SOME SERIOUS HUMOUR TO GET YOU SERIOUSLY LAUGHING

1) A schoolteacher injured his back and had to wear a plaster cast around the upper part of his body. It fit under his shirt and was not noticeable at all. 

On the first day of the term, still with the cast under his shirt, he found himself assigned to the toughest students in school. 

Walking confidently into the rowdy classroom, he opened the window as wide as possible and then busied himself with deskwork. 

When a strong breeze made his tie flap, he took the desk stapler and stapled the tie to his chest. 

He had no discipline problems with any of his students that term.

2) When my son Alex began spending lots of time in the Internet chat rooms, I worried that his grades would suffer. I made him promise to do schoolwork until I returned home at 5p.m. 

One day at 4:30 I decided to check up on him. Using my office computer, I went on-line and entered his favorite chat room. 

To my dismay I saw Alex’s name among the list of current participants and immediately decided to teach him a lesson in front of his cyber friends. “Alex,” I typed, “this is your mother, and you are grounded for two weeks!” 

”Hi, Mrs. Meyers,” came a reply. “This is Jeffery. Alex’s doing homework right now, and he said I could use his computer. But I’ll be sure to let him know that he’s been grounded.”

3) A magician worked on a cruise ship. Since the audience was different each week, he did the same tricks over and over again. 

One problem: The captain’s parrot saw the shows each week and began to understand how the magician did every trick. Once the parrot understood, she started shouting in the middle of the show: “Look, it’s not the same hat! Look, he’s hiding the flowers under the table. Hey, why are all the cards the ace of spades?” 

The magician was furious but couldn’t do anything. It was, after all, the captain’s parrot. Then the ship sank. 

After swimming for a few hours, the magician found himself on a piece of wood floating in the middle of the sea with, as fate would have it, the parrot. They stared malevolently at each other but did not utter a word. This went on for a day and then another, and then another. 

Finally on the fourth day, the parrot could restrain itself no longer: “OK,” she said, “I give up. What’d you do with the ship?”

4) Teacher: ‘Jerry, if you don’t settle down and become more serious, you’ll never grow up to be a responsible man.’ 

Jerry: ‘Miss, I AM already a responsible boy. Every time something happens, Mum always tells me that I’m responsible!


No comments: