FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

This is the final part, concluding my earlier post on SIMPLE STEPS TO GET THE IDEAS FOLLOWING!

The process of creative visualisation is powerful because it harnesses all the resources, conscious and unconscious. This was clearly the case in an experience I have had many years ago in the corporate world, while managing the factory for a Singapore group in Thailand.

I was confronted with the agonising task of having to sack a country manager because of suspected misappropriation of funds. He had been recruited by me and I trusted him. The situation was all the more sensitive because of the manager's temperamental nature and the hyper-sensitivity in that country about "losing face".  

Over a few nights, I brainstorm several scenarios and eventually focused the visualisation process on what I felt to be the best option.

On the day of our meeting, what could have been an emotionally-charged event turned out to be a controlled discussion. The manager resigned on his own accord - the outcome I had aimed for.

No voodoo here. The brainstorming process simply helped me to anticipate the manager's responses, and answer along the lines I wanted: non-confrontational but nevertheless directly and firmly.

Because creative visualisation harnesses one's conscious and unconscious resources, it ensured that the non-verbal message - such as tone of voice and body language - was entirtely congruent with what I was saying. Communication was complete! 



No comments: