FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Friday, July 22, 2022

QUEST FOR DEVELOPING PERSONAL MASTERY:

In retrospect, when I am reviewing my own journey on the Highway of Life, I am indebted to Dr Maltz and his Pyscho-Cybernetics classic, and of course to other giants before me, for spurring my relentless quest for developing personal mastery, starting back in the late seventies.

One area, which I have had already written quite substantially here is opportunity sensing.
The other area is goal striving.
As I have had already mentioned earlier, my first encounter in the late seventies, was entrepreneur Paul J Meyer's Dynamics of Goal Setting program, which gave me the requisite skillsets, toolsets, actionsets and mindsets to get the ball roling.
In the ensuing years, as a professional in the corporate world (where I have had hung out for almost a quarter of a century), I was introduced to what folks called strategic visionising, and later on, scenario planning, which gave me another eye-opening dimension about goal striving, which corporate folks applied in creating a positive vision of the future, in an organisational setting.
More interestingly, they have duly empowered and facilitated my subsequent venture into following my own bliss, by setting up three small entrepreneurial outfits, after leaving the corporate world in the early nineties.
Without goal striving, both at the personal, professional and organisational level, I would not have come this far, in terms of personal success achievements.
I am now retyred (not a typo, just a novel way to express a new spin for me), enjoying the rustic laissez faire lifestyle in Vietnam, also a foodie paradise, where I have had relocated from Singapore more than a decade ago.



No comments: