FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

GOAL STRIVING

In retrospect, this was the vital part of the classic, Psycho-Cybernetics, by Dr Maxwell Maltz, that really struck a chord with me, as I encountered it for the first time during the late seventies, for it enhanced my understanding of goal setting, as I have had been taught earlier by the Dynamics of Goal Setting program.

[As mentioned earlier, my participation in the Dynamics of Goal Setting actually led me to the work of Dr Maxwell Maltz.]
Dr Maltz wrote:
"... That's the trick. To find your purpose. To discover your mission. To find the juice of life that will drive and motivate you to take action and fulfill any desire. How is this done?
Be outcome specific!
Decide specifically what you want, take some form of action immediately for its attainment, and use the following conditions to develope your goals:
  1. Never question or doubt your ability to accomplish any goal. If you do, you will sabotage your efforts before you begin.
  2. When compiling your written goals, let your pen run freely, and leave any fears behind.
  3. Review your thoughts and feelings on what really excites you and what you truly enjoy doing.
Why? Because successful people love what they do and view their work as a labour of love, not a job. Why waste your time doing things you don't enjoy or aren't passionate about? Put your energy, effort and time into finding your niche in life.
Ask yourself the following questions:
  • What do I enjoy and love doing?
  • What really interests me?
  • Who do I want to become?
  • What skills and training will I need to learn?
  • What resources do I have that can help me?
  • What resources do I need?
  • Where will I be a year from now? Three years from now?
Then ask yourself, "What specifically do I want?"...
Once you have examined these questions and arrived at some possible answers, use the following outline as a guide for developing your written goals:
WRITTEN GOAL GUIDELINE
  1. Define goal and be as specific as you can.
  2. Your goal must be controlled by you and not dependent upon the service of others for its attainment.
  3. Develop an "evidence procedure" to check your progress.
  4. Your goal must be your desire and not what someone else wants for you.
  5. Your goal must be ecological for you, meaning are there any downsides or negative consequences which will prevent you from taking a new set of actions.
This is how it's done. You write the blueprint, make your choices and begin the chase.... "
This is really a masterpiece from Dr Maltz!

No comments: