FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Sunday, May 3, 2009

AN INDISPENSABLE TOOL FOR ON-THE-GO THINKING II

In an earlier post, I have menioned about the innovative company known as Levenger on the net. It's corporate tagline reads:

'Tools for Serious Readers'.

To recap, its an emporium of products designed for reading, writing & working with ideas. Out of their many superb products available online, I have owned two from them, since the nineties.

One is the 'Shirt Pocket Briefcase', as shown in the picture here. It has a locking pen loop.

The other is the 'Swiftnotes Leather Pad Holder', which I have already reviewed in an earlier post.

It goes everywhere with me, in my pocket, especially when I hold short business meetings over lunch or drinks.

So, instead of the back of a napkin, I can use it to capture my points of discussion &/or ideas that float around during the meeting.

Besides space for 3 x 5 note cards to write on, it has a separate pocket for completed cards, to delineate from fresh cards, as well as another one for receipts, if any.

Incidentally, mine is still in pristine condition - since it's also one of my most treasured possessions - even though it has lasted for more than a decade in productive use. It also goes to show that the leather is genuine stuff.

Nowadays, I only procure the 3 x 5 cards locally.

If interested, please proceed to this link. Don't worry, I don't get any sales commission. I just want to share something great with readers!

By the way, one of the co-founders of Levenger, Steve, has written a great book, 'The Litle Guide to Your Well Read Life', which I have already reviewed in an earlier post. It encourages people to fall in love with books.

Coincidentally, I just love what he has said:

"People who read actively & vigorously lead larger lives, engage more with life."

He can be reached at his personal weblog.

No comments: