FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Saturday, May 29, 2010

SO YOU WANT TO SURVIVE & THRIVE IN THE 21ST CENTURY...

Here are some interesting stuff I wrote to myself in my idea scratch-pad about two decades ago, just as I left the corporate world to follow my dreams. I had in fact posted them (an expanded version) on the Amazon website under my profile.

In essence, I have used them as my guiding principles for operating "in the future".

Somehow, they still seem relevant today. Glad to share with readers.

1) Always establish a definite purpose or principal objective in whatever you do;

2) Invest in self-directed life-long learning;

3) Stay ahead & embrace change;

4) Be curious & always ask questions;

5) Constantly challenge your assumptions & expand your habitual domain;

6) It's OK to be skeptical, but don't be afraid to play, explore & experiment with new &/or weird ideas.

7) Get out of your comfort zone & take some risks;

8) Network with people who demand more of you;

9) Take personal responsibility for your life;

10) Always think about new ideas;

11) Don't just talk only, take action;

12) Stay focused on your goals, but be flexible in your approach;

13) Remain persistent;

No comments: