FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Just sharng my pet subject:

Legendary golfer Jack Nicklaus and his "Power of Creative Visualisation" routine, or better known as "Mental Rehearsal" in sports psychology, which I have had the wonderful opportunity to use it as a good example to illustrate how the human mind is so powerful, during my heydays of consulting and training:

"I never hit a shot, even in practice, without having a very sharp, in-focus picture of it in my head. It's like a color movie.
First I 'see' the ball where I want it to finish, nice and white and sitting up high on the bright green grass.
Then the scene quickly changes, and I 'see' the ball going there: its path, trajectory, and shape, even its behavior on landing.
Then there's a sort of fade-out, and the next scene shows me making the kind of swing that will turn the previous images into reality.
Only at the end of this short, private Hollywood spectacular do I select a club and step up to the ball."
[Jack Nicklaus can be considered as the best legendary golfer in the history. You can see that this golfer who has the nickname of ‘The Golden Bear’ had collected 18 world champion titles of PGA tour. He also got the title of Master Golf Champions Tour for 6 times.
He decided to get retired in 1986 with the great reputation as the excellent golfer ever alive.]


No comments: