Monday, April 7, 2014
NOTES FROM MY IDEAS SCRATCHPAD: 7 TRAITS OF CHANGE READINESS
According to Robert J Kriegel, an authority on change management and author of 'Sacred Cows Make the Best Burgers: Developing Change-Ready People and Organizations', change readiness is a learnable skill set.
He has identified 7 principal traits of change readiness, as follows:
- the bias for action and able to utilise whatever resources that are available to develop plans and contingencies;
- the mental flexibility and emotional resilience in the face of challenges, obstacles and setbacks, if any;
- the feeling of enthusiasm and positivity about changes and faith in the future;
- a strong sense of self-esteem, and belief in own ability to handle and tackle changes;
- an inclination to take risks and courage to pursue the unknown;
6) Tolerance for ambiguity:
- prepared to deal with any indefiniteness or uncertainty in the environment;
7) Passion and Drive:
- the personal dynamism, physical energy and emotional vitality to pursue what really matters;
[Robert J Kriegel is also the author of 'If It Ain't Broke . . . Break It!', 'How to Succeed in Business without Working so Damn Hard' and 'C Zone: Peak Performance under Pressure'.
I particularly like the author’s first book ('Sacred Cows'), which has lots of specific ideas on building a change-ready outfit and provides a self-scoring test on your change-readiness.]