FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Monday, April 28, 2014

IDEA FRIENDLY TIMES

Just sharing my idea friendly times:  

While living in Singapore and now in Ho Chi Minh City, I get most of my best ideas during:  (in no particular order):


- taking a morning shower after my gym work;

- daydreaming;

- just before sleeping;

- just upon waking up - that's why I always have my ideas scratchpad at my bedside;

- in the middle of the night;

- exercising in the gym, now in Ho Chi Minh City;

- driving my car on the expressway (while living in Singapore);

- walking in my residential neighbourhood during the evenings with my wife;

- taking the MRT train, especially during off-peak hours (while living in Singapore);

- flying, especially on vacations;

- brainstorming with others;

- reading and reviewing a book;

- browsing magazines at a news stand or bookstore or in a public library;

- surfing the net serendipitously;

- taking extended vacations;

- under time pressure, especially when engrossed in a project;

- shaving;

- listening to Classical, Baroque and/or New Age music;

- during the weekends, especially when I am not doing anything in particular;

- working at my work station;

- thinking and pondering;

- attending a training workshop;

- attending business meetings (while working in the corporate world);

- drinking tea with my gym buddies in the cafe, especially in Ho Chi Minh City;

- watching television and chit chatting with my wife;

- talking to friends on the phone or on Skype;

- meditating;

- enjoying my quiet time alone (especially in my private sanctuary a.k.a. personal library);

- hanging out in shopping malls and supermarkets with my wife;

- hanging out with my good buddies in The Wednesday Club (while living in Singapore);


- riding pillion on my wife's Honda two-wheels in Ho Chi Minh City;

No comments: