FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Friday, April 23, 2010

QUESTIONS TO PONDER: 7 ANTI-STUCK QUESTIONS FROM DUDLEY LYNCH

Thinkologist Dudley Lynch is one my most favourite authors, especially within the realm of brain-based, change-oriented, future-focused, technologies.

[When I talk about "brain-based", I am essentially referring to self-mastery, in terms of understanding my own brain, & also the brains of others, as well as mastery of the immediate environment by making it conducive to learning, or brain-friendly, so to speak.]

He is the founder of Brain Technologies Corporation, a consulting, training & publishing outfit on brain change, thinking skills upgrade & world handling tools.

Among his many excellent books, & not discounting his many equally excellent proprietary profile instruments, 'Your High Performance Business Brain' & 'Strategy of the Dolphin', plus 'The Mother of All Minds', have been most influential in my being today.

I have in fact gathered many of his excellent thoughtwares (books, instruments, quotes, etc.) in my 'Optimum Performance Technologies' weblog, where readers can go & read about the stuff.

Here, I like to take the opportunity to highlight his famous 7 anti-stuck questions (from his personal weblog): [I often use these provoking questions to poke & probe myself!]

1) My brain thinks I'm who?

2) So, what am alive to do?


3) What does my mind keeps turning my blind eye to?

4) How can I become a wiser, savvier winner?

5) Can my brain learn to avoid its bigger error?

6) Where's the real total story about me?

7) Where's the next level & how do I get there?

The questions, plus Dudley's teachings, have certainly made me realised that developing and sustaining a future-savvy mind requires the ongoing work of a personal lifetime.

I like to equate the foregoing, in some ways, with what psychologist Prof K Anders Ericsson first called "deliberate practice", which was subsequently popularised by marketing strategist Seth Godin in his 10,000-hour-challenge.

It is pertinent for me to point out Dudley's published thoughwares were generally not easy to read at first reading. They often required few deep readings, plus deliberate marginal annotations to flesh out his new-sprung ideas.

During my early years of learning pursuit, what I had like most was the author's disciplined & yet artful blending of cognitive sciences, psychology, physics, sociology, & business strategy in his writings.

On hindsight, I have also realised that most of author's work were often far ahead of the conventional mass-market business writings.

In fact, I am proud to say, much of his writings, despite the transpiration of time, are still relevant today.

Best of all, to my pleasant delight, the author had always offered me with a plethora of elegant choice-seeking strategies to think & act at the future edge.

To paraphrase the author,..."to think audaciously, live strategically & act wiseheartedly".

No comments: