FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

THE LAW OF CEREBRAL PHYSICS

Last night, despite being pretty tired, I had started to read the first few pages of the long-overdue book, 'Borrowing Brilliance', by entrepreneur David Murray, on my bed.

The book was among a large stack of books on my bedside table. It had in fact been there for quite a while, together with the other books.

I didn't finish the reading as I had dozed off. My wife had apparently come to switch off my reading light & to remove the book while I slept.

According to him, he had lost US$50 million to learn a valuable lesson, which he wanted to share with readers.

"Ideas are constructed out of other ideas, there are no truly original ideas, you can't make something out of nothing, you have to make it out of something else.

It's the law of cerebral physics.

Ideas are born of other ideas, built on and out of the ideas that came before. That's why I say that brilliance is borrowed."


Gee Whiz! I am going to enjoy the book.

Please stay tuned!

No comments: