FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Sunday, July 5, 2009

ZANY ENGLISH QUIZ

Read the following passage and see if you can spot the ‘strange’ and/or illogical thoughts.

My holiday began with a non-stop flight to Khushmandhyan. The best part of this journey was the in-flight movie that kept me literally glued to my seat. Halfway through the flight,our plane suddenly swerved; the stewardess said that this was done to avoid colliding with another plane. Whew! That was a near miss! I wish my Mum were here with me. I really miss not seeing her. But the lady sitting next to me said: “Don’t worry, kid, you’re not alone. I’ll follow you to the ends of the earth. Keep a stiff upper lip and you’ll be fine.”

A nameless official made an announcement that all was well and that the in-flight attendants would soon start serving hot cups of coffee. I didn’t want any coffee; what I wanted was to have my cake and eat it, too! I’m speaking tongue in cheek, of course.

All this time I had been barefoot. I put on my shoes and socks, and walked towards the pantry. There was a sign that said: “Watch your head.” Well, I put my best foot forward and checked out the goodies that were on a tray. I lucked out! There was everything worth eating in that lot. I decided to go back and forth between my seat and the pantry; perhaps a genie would magically give me a belly big enough to devour that ohsodelicious spread.

The answers will be released in the Next Post.

[Excerpted from 'Unleashing Genius with the World's Most Powerful Learning Systems', by Dilip Mukerjea.]

No comments: