FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Thursday, May 28, 2009

POSITIVELY NEGATIVE!

Little Tommy informs his Mum: “Ma, I don’t think I can pass my maths exams tomorrow.”

Mum: “Now, now, Tommy, what about that positive thinking course you went to at school? Just think positive and you’ll be fine!”

Tommy: “OK Mum, I’m SURE I can’t pass my maths exams tomorrow!”

Comment:

Be careful about clichés.

Positive thinking is positively effective when one is positively positive.

Here, Tommy is positively negative!

Positive thinking must lead to positive doing; that is the route to success.

[Excerpted from the 'Kinderblossoms' edition of The InGenius Series of bookazines by Dilip Mukerjea. All the images in this post are the intellectual property of Dilip Mukerjea.]

Say Keng's personal comments:

Make sure your daily vocabulary does not contain these limiting words, as they will disempower you:

1. Impossible;

2. I'll try; [Remember, what Master Yoda said to Luke Skywalker in 'Star Wars': "No. Try not. DO or DO NOT! There's no try."]

3. If only...;

4. Ought;

5. Difficult;

6. I hope; [A trainer friend of mine loves to say that "hope is for people who are hopeless!"]

7. But...;

8. Should;

9. I can't...;

10. I have to...;

11. However;

12. Doubt;

13. Hard;

14. I wish...;

15. Wrong;

16. Fear; [Remember, fear is 'false evidence appearing real']

No comments: