FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Monday, March 2, 2009

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!

I often like to read the 'Monday Interview' in the Straits Times, because it features local celebrities & other well-known personalities who openly share their many varied experiences on the highway of life.

For me, it's often fun & entertaining to read the interviews, & at the same time, I often can pick up a lot of wonderful tips.

Today's 'Monday Interview' features Malaysian-born actress Yeo Yann Yann, who has appeared in Jack Neo's comedy movie, 'Love Matters'.


Two of her candid remarks have caught my personal attention. One is about her unquenchable spirit of learning, which I have already posted in my 'Optimum Performance Technologies' weblog.

The other is about her 'Never Say Die' attitude, which is akin to Nike's current marketing credo, 'Impossible is Nothing!'

Here's what she said:

"There's a Chinese saying: chu sheng zi du bu pa hu. It means when you don't know what's dangerous, you just go out & do it. Growing upon a kampong (a colloquial term for 'village'), we ran around wild. The Hokkien word for it is 'hmm chai see', meaning fearless. This 'hmm chai see' quality has got me where I am today."

No comments: